Thursday, July 19, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Doing nothing much! You know how it is; all that expended energy and nothing to show for it?

Working til 3 in the morning is not much fun, especially when it takes about 20 minutes to unwind when I come home, so am not in bed til 4am. Luckily John has been home so Ive been able to sleep til about 8 or 8.30, but that all changes next week! I love my sleep, and there is no way I will be able to drag myself up out of bed in this Antarctic weather with only 2 1/2 hours sleep. Am working tonight til 3, and have decided to stay up when I get home, and then just sleep when Josh has his midday nap (Kane will be in preschool too). That's still only 2 or so hours sleep, but at least I will actually be able to get some stuff done while everyone is sleeping. Stuff like my own filing and paperwork and burn some photos to CD that I want to print out tomorrow. Another store close by has the same trading hours as the one I work at, but there night fillers work 9 til 1am, so tomorrow I will call a manager and talk to them about the hours, or ask for a transfer.

I also had a call last week from the lady at the real estate, asking me if I was still available to do any work for her... I popped in to see her for a bit of a chat, and we've come to an agreement. I will pick up admin stuff from her if she calls, and email it back to her so she can print it. At the moment, she is getting one of the real estate agents to do it. :P
We may have to buy a new washing machine too! Have had my washer for about 9 years, and its making all these beeping sounds, and not spinning out properly etc, and takes hours to do a wash! So am behind in my washing and ironing again! :( And looks like will have to hand wash stuff for a while! Arggghhh! At least until John looks at it properly, or decides to call a service guy. :P

This is a pic of Kayla reading to Kane! How sweet is that! It was a book she borrowed for the school hols from the library. Behind them is a new nook thing. The doorway that you can see on the left, used to be on the right. Once upon a time (when we first moved in) the room behind that wall used to be a laundry! We've now (or rather John has lol!) painted that wall, and some other feature walls, in a lovely milky choc colour.

Blumars had their Weekend Workshop on the weekend. Interesting challenges for sure! The lovely Chris from the UK kindly allowed us to download and use her paper designs for the challenges. I didn't do challenge 1 - I just couldn't get the design to work for me, but you can see a couple of the other interpretations here.

Challenge 2 was to make a card using Chris's paper and you can see the entries here.

And challenge 3 was to alter a tin for pens and stuff (using Chris's paper) and they can be seen here. Her paper was black and white, so I used water colour pencils to add some colour. And guess what? I won that one! Woohoo!



Oh, and here's my monthly challenge for Blumars. It was to use black and white only with a coloured photo, and perhaps a dash of silver or gold...



There were also some kids challenges, and 2 of my 3 girls won stuff for their entries! They can be seen here (sunset.xx) and here(sunset.xx, k_colour and xo.april.xo). Thanks Maria!

My bro works for PC World in San Fransisco in a pretty top spot, and reviews new gadgets and doodads etc, so he knows which way is up when it comes to 'puters. He has msn, skype and all those other devices to communicate, but do you think he uses them to chat with me? Now, I wouldn't say we are really close, but we're okay... I have msn on all day, and so does he. I am so annoyed that he doesn't just say hi and chat for 2 minutes every now and then! I have always sent little messages. But now, Ive stopped. Last night I saw he was online, so I dropped him a line. His immediate response was "its 4am in the morning!". "And?" I asked him. "Your point?" His reply was that he didn't want to chat then, he was too tired and just had the tv on trying to get some sleep. So I asked him why msn was on then? Why doesn't he just turn that off if he doesn't want to be annoyed! Grrrr. Modern technology! Does anyone else have this problem?

So, other than that, not much, iykwim! Have to leave for work in about 1/2 hour and am sooo wondering how I am gonna make it through the next 14 hours without sleep!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Tianne said…

    5 kids and you're living off that kind of sleep, you're amazing!!!! Look after yourself though. Love your pen holder. XX

     
  • At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love what you did with the papers and your tin is fab... well done on winning:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home