Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Quick fill-in

Worked my first shift at Woolies on Monday night, from 10pm til 2am. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - was lovely. And the time FLEW! Before I knew it, it was 1.30am! There was almost a drama, when at the end of my shift, the captain asked me where I parked my car, and I replied "the carpark", and she groaned... the centre this Woolies is in is undergoing major reno's at the moment, and everything is chaotic. And some car park gates they lock of a night, and some they don't. There was a good chance that I was going to be locked in! It was puring with rain, 2.15am, and I was frantically trying to think of the steps I would need to take to get home like calling a cab, and having John drive me back to get the car in the morning. Luckliy, security had not closed the boom gates on one side, so I was able to get out! Then yesterday, I had my induction at Coles (from 10am til 2pm), and then I worked at WW again from 10pm til 2am. Conflict of interest I know! But I needed to check them both out to make an informed decision!! I have decided to stay with WW, and will let Coles know tomorrow. The people last night were fab to work with aswell, and one of the ladies is actually the mum of the boy who asked one of my dd to the camp dance a few months ago! Great - I work along side my dd future mum-in-law! PMSL!

So, am pretty knackered. Quite achey all over - literally from my finger tips (from opening boxes and getting product out of them) to my toes! Not as sleepy tired tonight as I thought I would be...

So here it is 10.30pm, and I usually scrap for sure on a Wednesday lately, but really cant be bothered getting the stuff out (OMG!! Did I just swear??). Some great news though about one of the challenges I did from the weekend - Maria rang to let me know I won the card challenge! Awww how sweet. :) She is sending me a pressy. Thanks Maria!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Tianne said…

    Glad you enjoyed your first night of work Wendy. How often are you working?

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    Glad you were able to make a decision on which job to take, and that you could get your car out of the car park!

    Sorry to hear things are hard for you right now with John, I know what that feels like.

    Congrats on winning the card challenge too!!

    Cheers

    Joc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home