Sunday, December 24, 2006


We had our first Street Christmas party last night, and I think it all went just fine! It was due to start around 4pm, and wouldncha know it, 3pm it poured down with rain! Jo from across the road came over around 3.30 when it had stopped. We tried to decide what to do, and asked a few neighbours as well what they thought, and they all agreed that it should go ahead anyway, even if it just ended up being a meet n greet thing, and Kris Kringle for the kids. Turned out it didn't rain again though til 9.30pm which was fab! Not as many neighbours came as we would of liked, but there's always next year. Perhaps the weather put them off. One of the neighbours somehow had a Zebra suit from one of the Optus ads, and wore that with a Santa cap, so he was the Zebra Santa, and handed out the pressys. Everyone bought a plate of something, so there was plenty to eat. At 8.30 though, my family and I felt like something a little more substantial, so I went home to put Joshy to bed, and to cook chicken snags and steak. Just as I was putting Josh to bed though, john and the other kids came home, and said the party was wrapping up, so I was a bit upset it finished so early, but then again, it was probably "that time of night" for everyone. I didnt get to say bye either :(.

One of the girls across the street I had noticed lately "looks" different, and I could put my finger on what it was except the other day at a school assembly I saw her playing with her eyes. "That's it! I thought. She's plucking her eyelashes out!" And I watched as she collected them in her other hand. Hmmm. I don't know whether to say anything to her mum or not. I'm sure she would know. Its kinda obvious. After googling it I think the condition is called
Trichotillomania. It's not really any of my business, and we should just accept people the way the are, but on the other hand I'm concerned there may be an underlying reason as to why she does it, like nerves or being bullied, or something.

Any ideas?

Well, that's it for now... it's Christmas Eve, the boys (2 littlies AND John, are having afternoon naps) and I need to finish making beds, cleaning the house, preparing food for tonight's get together at my FIL, and feed and pet the bubby bunnies we bought Kayla and Paris for tomorrow.

Also, a huge congrats to Crissy and her hubby Scott for finding out theyre pregnant!


Merry Christmas everyone!
and a very
Happy New Year!


1 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Crissy Gaylor said…

    I would talk to the mother. When I was in grade 9 a little asian girl in our class used to do and and I know for a fact that she used to get picked on heaps and was unaware she was doing it as it was stress related. (DH plucks his eyebrows with his fingers and does not realise when he is stressed)
    But I would at least mention it to the mother.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home