Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunday

We (or rather John LOL!) laid some new turf in our front yard yesterday, and the whole place is coming together nicely. The weather was crappy, which was good in a way, but meant that we were going "somewhere" today, no matter what the weather was like. Thankfully, it was a gorgeous day, so we headed up the coast.

We went to The Entrance, and the kids had a bit of a play in the sand and sand dunes. Jo was happier to walk up the stairs and along the footpath to see what else was in the world, so my OH and I took turns walking with him. Its bloody hard though watching out for each kiddy, and watching to make sure noone takes your bags ('cause it had wallets, and phones, and keys, my watch - that sorta stuff). You just wanna relax and play with the kids, but you have to sit or stand in such a way that your "stuff" can be seen.

Anyway, the sun must of burnt us before we even put our sunscreen on, 'cause we all got a little burnt, and P ended up like a beetroot. Im not happy about that! But shes about to turn 10, so really she knows how to look after that side of things herself!

Then we went to the main part of The Entrance where they have this waterpark thing. J was in her "I dont want to get my hair wet" thing, so didnt "swim" all day. KK wanted "shoes on", Jo kept wandering off elsewhere, and K was cold. P was the only one who had fun! We got KFC for lunch and it must have been the salt air that increased my apppetite 'cause I ate 3 pieces of chook, and I normally only eat the breast. Afterwards we went for a walk around the shops, and then sat in the park and watch the kites flying and at 3.30pm we sat in the arena and watched the pelicans being fed.

We then rang R and asked her if we could pop in; she lives about 40 mins from The Entrance in Umina. Only P and J were home with her, but D and A came home from somewhere just before we left. I hadnt seen J since she was about 2 weeks old (about 3.5 months ago). Shes gorgeous!

So anyway, it was a nice day out, and tonight, as is often the way with me, I got my second wind, and have been working some more on these journal / memory albums that I am making for Liz (my stepmum), Nan, and Pop. Im quite happy with how theyre turning out and cant wait to post some pics.

Mel decorated some craftwood letters which I posted on the SYS site, and that reminded me that I had some extra "HO HO" letters, so I set to work tonight decorating mine. I covered mine with a patterned paper. Will sand tomorrow, and post a pic.

Remember we are looking for Creative Team Member number 4!

See here for all the details!

Well, thats it for me, except I wanted to show you a beautiful Christmas pic that K did last week. Mind you she's 3, turning 4 in April!

She's such a great art-eest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home