Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lazy Days

John either hasn't had much luck with finding work, or finding what it is he thinks will kind of satisfy him, or that pays well enough etc, so he has been home a lot more, and I cant seem to do much with him around. We are either chatting about our options over coffee, or I am telling the boys not to go downstairs and disturb daddy while he's on the phone or something, and that means I cant do some of the things I need to (like laundry).

So, today had to of been one of the laziest I have had in a long while. Literally didn't do anything. Didn't clean a toilet, didn't do a load of washing or wash a cup.

We took a quick drive to look at new cars, something 8 seater, for our tribe, but not quite ready to purchase yet anyway so came home earlier than we thought ... meanwhile the boys had only had 10 minutes sleep in the car, and I tried to put Josh to bed but just as I sat down with my lunch on the front lawn to watch over Kane while he slept in the car, Josh got up. So we spent another hour or so out lazing about on the lawn, and I kinda read a book. Then we transferred to the backyard, and not long after, it was time to get Kayla from school. I stopped at the bakery and bought a few different yummies, and divvied them out on a plate, and we had afternoon tea in the sun. So nice to take it easy for a change.

I feel a bit like an old woman might feel though... I want to scrap and get crafty, but just can't, either through lack of "get up and go", or circumstance. My scrap space is currently in our workshop / laundry, and is so cold there. And because I like to leave things out until I have finished a page, I cant be bothered getting my stuff out to even start it. In the very next room, where I used to scrap, I cant leave things out as the kiddies go down there too often. I like to stand mostly as I work, but cant remember the last time I had a real table just for scrapping, so the way I do it now, I often get numb legs from sitting on them. And so, in this cold weather... bleck!

I have a couple of nice pics of just me that I want to play around with in a layout for Ngaire's beautiful challenge, so am keen to get started on that.

We have our LSS re-locating this weekend to bigger and better premises, and of course I'm broke. :(

But on a good note, or rather fab note, the ab fab canvas from Mish arrived yesterday, and as I told her, I will post a pic once we have decided on its home. Thanks again for the wonderful gift!

Was also reminded from my gorgeous friend Rae that we are having our girly weekend in a few short weeks in the Hunter Valley. Woohoo. Red wine look out!

Feeling like a crumpet or 2 with honey, and a glass of moo juice, so may just grab a scrapping mag, and curl up in bed with them.

Don't forget my RAK is still-a-happening, so click on the pink "RAK anyone" and send me your details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home