Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bits and pieces

Jobs

More than 2 weeks ago I received an email saying I was on the "shortlist" to be contacted for an interview with Coles. I have called the Grocery Manager twice since then (didn't give my name though) and am still waiting for a call for that interview. Last time I spoke with her last Friday, she said she would be calling everyone this week, probably Monday... It's Thursday, and I'm still waiting (we have message bank, so a message could have been left). Siiiigh.

And yesterday I called a large company about a night admin job, and they rang back and asked for a couple of minor details, and said they'd call back. I called them again this afternoon, and a lady I spoke to said that the manager was collecting everyones names, and would call people next week.

But today, I got a call from another major supermarket, and I am to attend a group interview next week. At least things are moving there.

Musings


I am always thinking of my grandparents; my pop is 88 and my nan is 86 (I think). I always "say" that I should get over there more often (20 minute drive) and also organise a day out every month, just looking about, with my nan or something, but never do. My grandparents are wonderful wonderful people and I love them to bits. My nan has always been cool for her age. She dresses lovely and people always comment. My pop can be quite harsh, but was much stricter when he was younger, and yet, you can just tell how much he loves my nan. They're the old couple you see with him wearing a hat, and holding hands. Very sweet.

My nan in her mind though, is still 30, and so wants to do things, but her body just aint keeping up. She has cuts and bruises all the time, and complains about how old she looks. She's so sweet. Just today, she was telling me about this mole thing on her neck that she's going to have cut off, even though the doctor said it wasn't cancerous, because she thinks it looks ugly.

Pop on the other hand is becoming more and more of a homebody. He sits in the sun and journals, or reads the paper or something.

At Christmas I made them both a journal and journal box - the kind with a stack of questions in the box, and they pull a q out and write about it in the journal. I know Pop loves these kinds of things, but nan worried me today when she said, that I should come over soon, because she didn't know how much time there was left. It was rather ambiguous. I hope the journal isn't something Pop thinks he needs to finish and then he can breath his last breath.... I know it's inevitable, but my grandparents are rocks for me.




My kids

On a much lighter note, Joshy is babbling away and coming out with more words, or is really trying to copy what you say. His latest word(s) is "seesya" while waving bye on his rideon car. Very cute. His other big thing is "I-dew!" for "I love you". Cutey pat-ooty.

And back to some blah, but Melie was telling me about a girl in her year who cuts herself on her forearms, and wears black makeup. Not sure if I should mention it to the school or not? What would you do?

And back to positive stuff, we got the kids the other day to write down a bunch of stuff they might want - it didn't have to be materialistic, just whatever. Then we stuck it on their wardrobe mirrors. One of Melie's things was to "do great in the athletics carnival". Must of worked:

1st in shotput
1st in hurdles 100m
3rd in long jump
equal 2nd in high jump
2nd in 100m
3rd in 200m


How cool is that? And she's not someone who "trains" or does Little Athletics or anything! Brilliant!

P's dance group at school has made it through to the School Spectacular which is fab! J was in that a couple of years ago! Huge event!

Our bunnies will no doubt be parents soon - poor Rosie has been running ragged trying to keep out of Sam's way - she even tries to sit on top of the arch that leads back into the actual hutch! We separated them for a while today and put Sam in to the pen that my OH built for them to run free in, but a part of the mesh lifted and Sam got out, but luckily P and I caught him out front! So Kathryn, do ya want a bunny wabbit soon?

Still too cold to scrap tonight, but will definately do that tomorrow night. Will spend tomorrow setting up so I am ready and warm to go.

Lots of good bloggers have been updating their blogs lately, so have been busy reading of a night... but thats all from me tonight, ciao for now (big clap if you read all that!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home