Thursday, January 18, 2007

Swimming in the pool

O. M . G.

I actually SWAM in our pool. Not once, not twice, but three times in two days! I happen to be one of those people (girls? LOL) that takes 1/2 hour to get into the pool, with comments along the way of "it's too cold" and "I don't want my hair wet" and "don't splash me!". My star sign is Pisces, the fish, so you think I'd be a bit less dramatic about it! I do wish I could just dive in, do a few laps, and hop out, but I always think about the coldness, or practicalities too much.

But yesterday, as I'm sweating in the heat - IRONING!!! - I thought, bugger this, I'm just going jump in. So to make it real, I said it out loud. Kane was in preschool, and Josh asleep, so it was just Kayla who heard me. She couldn't believe it. So I quickly got changed before I changed my mind, and started walking the usual way down the steps. I then had to make that conscious decision to just dive in. So I did! Man, how good did I feel! And then Kayla and I get jumping off the deck holding hands, and I showed her how to make a huge splash, and do a bit of swimming. John came home and was amazed!

And the same sort of stuff today...except Paris and Melie came too, and then Kane. The best bit was getting Kane to trust me in the water, cause he's still quite scared, but by the end of the time, he was jumping off the edge and in to my arms! How cool! Joshy also came for a big swim, and he loves the water. He's a fish.

We had a yummy BBQ dinner on the deck, and I mentioned how I felt like I could just dive in and do some more laps, so I got up to feel the water, and John pushed me in. But it was beautiful. So we were all in again for another 1/2 hour, and the boys especially had a great time - they didn't want to get out!

This morning Pairs noticed the bunny cage open, and Sam had escaped! Very sad. So we put up posters, and looked around, but no luck so far. She is also in a dilemma because with Christmas and her birthday being so close, shes got a fair amount of $ to spend, and now is trying to decide what to buy. Shes trying to decide between and Play Station 2, an MP3, bike, or TV and DVD player for her room. Imagine being 10 and having to make that decision!

Also bought 2 short sleeve shirts, 2 skirts, one sports shirt and one sports shorts for $198 today for Melie for high school!! What???

Anyway, got a Cybercrop on tomorrow night all weekend at Scrap Yourself Silly. Each one gets bugger and better and am really looking forward to it! We have also introduced Kids Challenges where kids Can scrap or do the craft project for a prize!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home