Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hot! Hot! Hot!

How hot is it? Well, it is here anyway!

Went shopping tonight - just my 3 girls and me - for school shoes and other school stuff, and to use their Gift Cards they got for Christmas! And man! Buying 3 pairs of shoes for school is time consuming, a headache, and expensive! I wont bore you with the detail of that shop, but I do have to say that Customer Service has almost gone! That's another story that I wont post here...

Anyway, Kayla had $20 on her gift card, and finally decided on a My Scene doll, once she was reassured from Paris that they re just like Bratz Dolls... It was $19.95, so we gave the checkout girl the card, and Kayla asked me "Do I say "Credit please?"". Very cute! I replied that no, she didn't need to this time, but that she should hold her hand out because she would get 5 cents change back. The girl told me then, that they couldn't give money in change, and that it would need to be credited back to the card, or another purchase made. :( Youre kidding? I told her nicely she could keep the 5 cents.

We also went to a couple of hairdressers as I decided I want to try and find one closer to home. I don't get my haircut that often, and the guy I normally go to is in Parramatta. I'm happy with how he does it though, and the prices are great (only $40 for a shampoo, cut and blowdry and my hair is long), but it is a bit awkward going to Parra just for that, and the guy can be a tad sleazy. So, I asked one or two for their prices, and the average was around $70. Big Difference Huh? On the way out, I saw Just Cuts, so popped in there... $22 for just a cut, plus $6 of you want it washed, and another $6 if you want it kinda blowdried. If you want it properly blowdried, they told me it would be between $45 and $65. Why couldn't they give me the actual price? It depended on the length of my hair, and what style I wanted. So, I showed them the length of my hair (just past my shoulder blades) and that I just wanted it straight. They said it would be too hard to determine until they did it. (What?). But the most unbelievable news was that that price was JUST FOR THE BLOWDRY. On top of the $45 to $65 I would need to add the $22 plus $6. Thanks but no thanks.

We got to Castle Towers at 4.30, and got home just after 9pm. Man, my legs are tired.

But on the good side, we shared a nice treat from my friend Donut King. Love Cinnamon donuts! And the coffee revived me! And it was nice to not have to worry about the pram!

Kathryn is over tomorrow and want to try and make a potato frittata or something as she is doing Weight Watchers (I think its WW), and it would be nice to have hot or cold. Also want to make Crissys Choc Walnut cake as it has condensed milk and I looooove condensed milk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home