Friday, August 17, 2007

Mixed emotions

Well, my baby is officially no longer a baby! Yesterday my Jojo turned 2, and am feeling expectantly emotional about this because it signifies the end of this phase of my life. I know I do not want another baby, and I know there definantly will not be any more babies for me. I'm sitting here trying to find the words to describe exactly what I mean, but its actually quite hard...

Anyway, we started his day like we do for all the kids whenever there's a birthday by decorating their room with balloons, streamers and banners, and placing their presents beside their bed ready for them to wake up. Josh did something out of character, and got up in the wee hours and came into our bed to sleep, and we let him, and gave him a birthday kiss. We took him back to his room when the rest of the family woke up, and did the pressy and photo thing.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful... just went to the opening of a new homemaker centre, and Josh had Blues Clues painted on his face, and got balloons. Later, Kane Josh and I bought some hot chippies, and sat in the park across from the school, until the bell went.

Later we went for dinner at a kid friendly restaurant at Penrith - they have a mini cinema, a computer games room, and even a girl who painted faces. The meals were yum, and I took a long a choccy cake with a paw print iced on it, and the staff of the restaurant came out carrying the lit candles on the cake singing. :)

Then I had to work, from 11 til 2, which extended to 3am, so am quite tired tonight! But!! There is so much to do! Most of the house stuff and party stuff can be done tomorrow - its the scrapping I'm talking about! LSBS has a sorta cc on - you need to go there and check out what its all about! Some cool challenges for sure! And Blumars has their weekend workshop also! Ive also got 2 candy tins I am making that I saw on Stephs blog, and they need to ready Sunday. Almost done. Plus I have 4 CJ's sitting here ready to go, and I am also finishing off some Blues Clues decorations for the party on Sunday (pawprints on the tablecloth, pin the pawprint on Blue, a blue pinata etc)!

But I think I need to catch some sleep... can always stay up tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home