Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Other stuff

DD-10 has 2 best friends - one is very girly - owns a million bratz dolls, girlie skirts, lip gloss etc, and the other is the total opposite - into footy, talks a bit rougher, doesn't wear skirts. Now, my dd is in between - sometimes shes a tom-boy, and other times, a real princess. Cool, I reckon. Not conforming to anyone's ideals but her own, and how she feels at the time. A few weeks ago, dd-10 told me her (girly) friend had been "asked" to the dance (that would be held at an upcoming school camp). I was a bit shocked - 10? And they're being asked to the dance? Already? Last week, she then told me she herself had been invited, and that she'd said yes. Oooh! It's a little exciting, and a bit scary! She's growing up! The camp began yesterday, and they're back Thursday. She took a disposable camera with inbuilt flash, so hopefully some of the pics turn out okay (and of her dance partner too! lol).

My mums day was nice and relaxing... yummy breaky in bed, and then pressies. We went for a walk to the shops, and 2 parks (probably a good idea - you should see all the choccy's I got!), and the rest of the day was really lazy. Later, I told J that I wasn't cooking tea, and that we'd just have a spaghetti or baked beans on toast kind of dinner. He ended up buying KFC instead so, yay! But no coleslaw - they'd run out!

Felt a bit melancholy for a little while, and sorted through some photos and memorabilia. Started working on my layout for Blumar's and KSK , and they are both themed about mums. This is my mum holding me when I'm about 2 days old, and the expression on her face shows the uncertainty of how she must of felt at the time. Inside, I haven't done any journalling yet, but it's a bit of a long story that I want to share in the layout, and haven't decided the best way to go about it. (Any ideas? At the moment I'm thinking basic vellum folded up). My mum had just turned 20, was unmarried (my parents married the next month) and was from a strict Catholic home. There's a letter in the next pocket that was the actual one my mum wrote to her parents (my nan and pop) letting them know she had had me on Norfolk Island, and was she welcome home?


Sort of got the job at the Real Estate that sells multi million dollar homes - say sorta, cause she got me in and I typed up some stuff for her, and was there for an hour and a half... she said she would call me on the Friday to let me know start dates. When she didn't call on the Friday, I called her Monday (last week) and I had to fax some info over to her, and she said she'd get back to me. I still hadn't heard up until yesterday morning, so, after much discussion with J, we decided it was in our family's best interest for me to concentrate on night work, so I emailed her my decision.

Have applied for basic jobs such as night fill in Coles etc, but seems you practically need a degree... I sat through an online aptitude / phsycology sort of test a number of weeks ago - you know the ones: If a is to b, and c is to d, what is e to f? What the? I just wanna put tins of sweet corn neatly on your shelf!! Apparently I have been "shortlisted" for a store close to me, and after a number of days with no phone call to arrange an interview, I followed up the grocery manger who then told me she was very busy, and had meetings next week, and hoped to organise some interviews then. Humph!

Well, thats it for now. I'm sure there is more I could be saying, but cant think of anything now.

Must go, and read!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    I love this LO of you and your mum!

    Good luck with getting the job at Coles, who would have thought it would be so hard to get a job shelf packing??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home