Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lead up to Christmas

J was asked by her former teacher is she would please give a little speech at this year's year 6 formal and talk a bit about what year 7 is like. She received a formal invite, and so she attended that on Thursday night. She received a cute teddy with some choccies as a thank you. Heres a pic of what she looked like.

Also on Thursday night, P had her Guides Christmas party and she dressed a bit Christmasy and looked cute... we went to take photos but couldn't find the camera!

Went looking at Christmas lights last night, and there were a couple of outstanding displays, but from the streets that were recommended in the paper, we were very disappointed!

I am back at Woolies a couple of nights a week. Long story, but lets just say that it's funny how things work out. Ive only worked once, but theres a couple of new girls and they're lovely.

Had my follow up mammogram and ultrasound (I had a intra duct papilloma (dilated milk duct) removed from my right boob last year) on both boobs yesterday, and the results came back totally clear!

Have sorted out the linen press, and managed to contain all my craft items to the one cupboard! Now I just need to find some more energy at 10 oclock at night so I can actually get creative! Reading seems to be my thing again at the moment but thats probably because Im too tired to do much else...

Two weeks ago we all went into Darling Harbour and watched a little Christmas Concert that they held, starring Georgie Parker and David Campbell. Bob the Builder, and Alvin and the Chipmunks also made an appearance. It was a nice night. Afterwards we walked around for a bit and splurged on the kids - we bought 30 cent icecream cones from Maccas, and they played on the playground! They LOVED it!

When we got home, and everyone else had gone inside the house, there was just Jo left to get... he was asleep, but as I picked him up and went to hoist him up a bit on my shoulder, my jean leg got caught on the towbar and I lost my balance and fell back. I couldnt put my hands out to save me since i was holding Jo, but I heard and felt my head bang on the driveway! I think I was "out" for a couple of seconds, but the first thing I realised was that Jo was crying, but I think it was just the shock of how he was woken up. He wasnt hurt. The next thing I noticed was the sound in my head, and the pins and needles feeling that went down to the tips of my fingers. I was aware enough to say to P (who had come back out to see if I needed a hand with anything) "P, Ive just hit my head. You need to get Jo inside, and get Daddy out here. NOW!"

I felt a bit dizzy, but I was more scared than anything of something happening later, like swelling. After everyone was settled, I stayed up for as long as I could (about 40 minutes) and then went to sleep. Every time I bent over or reached up I felt nauseous, and tired. This was for 2 days. If it had of gone on any longer, I would've seen the doctor. But I wonder now if I still feel tired because of this. Maybe I just need more iron?

And the week before that, P was was in the School Spectacular at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. I went on the Saturday night to watch her (and to help out with S as far as driving her everywhere). What a fab fab show! And how talented are those kids??? All the singers were also brilliant! I was actually crying I was so moved by them, especially the younger ones. I was so proud of P too! She was a little mauve dinosaur! The full length show will be shown on ABC on the 19th December. J was also in the School Spec 2 years ago!

So, Im off now to read a bit of Maeve Binchy's Quentin. Not sure if Ive read anything of hers before...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home