Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Can you wear black to a wedding?

Is there some faux pas about that?

We are going to a wedding in a few weeks and it's all pretty exciting for a number of reasons...

1. John and I have never been to a wedding together (not even our own! rofl!)
2. Kiddies are not invited
3. We are staying in a hotel in the city overnight
4. I get to buy a whole new outfit! Whoohoo!

Oh, and 5. It's John's nephew who is getting married. :)

I saw the dress I ended up choosing today in a boutique style shop, and as an impromtu thing, decided to try it on, even though I had all 5 kids with me... (never a good idea).

It is like a black lace overlaying a cream lining thing. Hmmm. V-neck, just below knees, with a big bow thing that does up at the back which was the only thing I didn't like. Then the sales assistant showed me how to tie it around and around my middle like the "latest fashion" and it looked a 100% better. Some simple diamond earrings and maybe a necklace, new shoes and voila! Oh yeh, and get my hair done, and a new bra!

So is black ass-septable? (That's "acceptable" for all you people who don't watch Super Nanny Jo Frost).

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home