Friday, September 29, 2006

Okay, time is hiding in my cupboard!

So, here it is, 10.20pm Monday night, and I could tell you 15 things that I should do before I go to bed. Where do people find the time to do everything?

Everyday I feel pulled in so many directions, and I leave "me" time until this time of night. And theres other things I want to do, but just cant squeeze in.

Some of you would know already I have 5 kids aged 11, 9, 4, 2 1/2 and 1, so it gets pretty hectic. And loud. Maybe thats why Im quiet; because everyone around me has always been "out there".

Some things I would love to include in my day and never get around to doing:

* Playing, I mean realllllly playing with my kids. Sure, We have 5 or 10 minute spurts of fun, but usually thats it because something else needs doing.

* Finding my "spot" and reading for half an hour with a cuppa and choccy. Right now, Im lucky if I ready in bed before I go to sleep of a night, so it would be nice to read without my eyes drooping shut, or yawning so much that my eyes water and makes my face feel unwashed.

* Exercising. Actually I dont love this idea. I just know its something I need to do. Im 35, and my arms for example are starting to look like "Tuckshop Lady arms" (to quote Kyle (a judge) from Australian Idol). I'm not a big person, and never have been, but I think the middle-age spread will overtake me if I dont look out for myself. I could get up at 5.30 for example and go for a walk but since I go to bed around midnight, I dont think Id cope too well with lack of sleep. Sometimes one of three younger kiddies wake up.

* Scrapbooking. I havent actually done a layout since March 2005. And it was published in Scrapbooking Memories, so that was pretty cool (see below). But then, since starting my website, time just slips away...



There are somethings I really should just make time for.

If only I knew how. Does anyone know where I can purchase 2 or 3 extra hours a day???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home